Sunday, January 11, 2009

oooooooo. Bad Girl.

Oh my. I hadn't realized that it had been so long since I last posted on here. I'm a baaaaad girl. I have been doing loads of knitting lately, even though I have little or no record of it. I have been working on writing my very first patterns, which is a long slow slog, apparently. I made a great diagonal rib hat from a pattern from Purl Bee. Super cute, I made Simone the Ysolda Gretel Beret and I made up a pattern for matching mittens, Reina got a cute pair of pink and black stripey fingerless gloves, I made a few small christmas gifts, and have been just basically trying out differnt patterns from my 365 pattern calendar. Busy busy girl!

Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa fame was at my store for a book signing (the only one in NYC) for her new Back to Basics cookbook, and I got to be her girl friday, turning pages and sliding books over so she could sign away. It was a lot of fun, and she is sooo nice and super kind even to the craziest people in line. :-) I will be posting more entries (probably today) featuring more knits. Happy New year!

No comments: